Public Transport Victoria (PTV) is the public authority responsible for setting the fares and managing the myki smartcard ticketing system in Victoria.
If travelling for more than one day, you will probably need to top up your myki. You can top up your myki:
- with the driver on one of our buses using cash only (up to the value of AUD$20)
- at myki machines at all metropolitan train stations and some accessible tram stops and bus interchanges
- at customer service centres at staffed train stations
- at close to 800 retail outlets, including all 7-Eleven stores, where you see the myki sign
- at the PTV Hubs at Southern Cross Station and Docklands.
Always remember to touch on and off your myki as you enter or leave a bus or the paid area of a train station. You only need to touch on when boarding a tram, except if travelling wholly in Zone 2 when you also need to touch off.