As occurs each year Victorian Veterans and War Widows are eligible for free travel on public transport across Victoria during Veterans’ Health Week 2021.
It’s important to remember there are restrictions in place slow the spread of COVID-19. Current restrictions must always be adhered to.
To obtain free travel for a permitted purpose Veterans and War Widows simply need to travel with one of the below forms of identification:
• wear their uniform
• wear their service medals
• wear an ex-service association or returned from active service or War Widows badge
• present their DVA gold or white card
• present their category V Victorian public transport concession card
Customers with a Veterans Concession myki or an EDA/TPI or War Veterans or War Widow Free Travel Pass should touch on and off as normal, no fare will be charged during the free travel week.
Free travel in line with current COVID-19 restrictions
Free travel is provided on all public transport in Victoria, including:
• Metropolitan trains, trams and buses
• Regional trains, coaches and buses (including intertown and regional town bus services