Veterans and War Widows can travel for free on Saturday 23, Sunday 24 and Monday 25 April 2022 to help them attend ANZAC Day commemoration activities.
To be eligible for free travel, Veterans and War Widows simply needs to travel with one of the below forms of identification:
• wear their uniform
• wear their service medals
• wear an ex-service association or returned from active service or War Widows badge
• present their DVA Gold or White Card
• present their Category ‘V’ Victorian Public Transport Concession Card
Customers with a Veterans Concession myki or an EDA/TPI or War Veterans or War Widow Free Travel Pass should touch on and off as normal, no fare will be charged during the free travel days.
Veterans using any other ticket type (ie. Seniors myki, mobile myki) should show one of the listed identifications as a flash pass to access free travel and should not use their myki.
ANZAC Day Parade participants
Where to travel
Free travel is provided on all public transport in Victoria, including:
• Metropolitan trains, trams and buses
• Regional trains, coaches and buses (including intertown and regional town bus services)
Free travel is limited to trips solely within Victoria. Airport buses and privately-run services are excluded from this offering.